We act with honesty and integrity.
We’re committed to ensuring ethical conduct in all aspects of our business. Our compliance program is built not just upon adherence to all applicable statutes and regulations, but strengthened by broad ethical principles that guide our employees in conducting business professionally and properly. The prevention, detection, and resolution of conduct that does not conform to federal and state law is our highest priority.
We regularly monitor legislative changes to ensure compliance with all state and federal laws including:
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH)
- False Claims Act
- Federal Anti-Kickback Statute
- Stark Physician Self-Referral Law
- Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
- Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010
- Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act
From the very beginning, our company has strived to create a culture that actively promotes honesty and integrity. Our compliance program is designed around the seven fundamental elements recommended by the Office of Inspector General for the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services.
At ASHN, our corporate officers and managers provide ethical leadership to ensure that adequate systems are in place to facilitate ethical and legal conduct. Our compliance professionals implement and enforce policies, procedures and standards of conduct to ensure compliance with federal and state law. ASHN employees receive ongoing education and training, and are provided with resources to effectively communicate any concerns with our compliance officer. Compliance professionals regularly conduct internal monitoring and auditing to identify potentially unethical conduct, and act promptly to enforce disciplinary standards and develop corrective action.